What connects a pair of gigantic silver vats in the Jaipur city palace to the Cellular Jail in the Andaman? Surprisingly, a long-held Indian taboo. India is an ancient land with a long coastline...
In 2011, an ancient temple in Kerala, the Padmanabhaswamy temple in Thiruvananthapuram, made headlines when vast treasures were discovered in secret vaults under the temple. Gold, silver, gems and jew...
1000 years ago, there lived a mighty king in south India. He sent his army on a long expedition from Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu all the way to modern day Bangladesh. His army defeated many kingdoms en ro...
When did Christianity come to India? | The story of St. Thomas | St. Thomas Basilica, Chennai
April 13, 2021
When did Christianity reach India? And did you ever wonder who brought it here first? The answers may surprise you. It is commonly believed that Christianity came to India with St Thomas as early as 5...
- Who are the village gods of Tamil Nadu? | Aiyanar, Mariamman September 22, 2020
- Why is Vivekananda Museum called the Ice House of Madras? | Chennai September 5, 2020
- Alai Minar: The victory tower of Alauddin Khilji | Qutub Minar, Delhi August 21, 2020
- A European Duel in South India
- Against all odds: The Danes in Tranquebar
About Three Minute Storytrails
Every sight has a story to tell. This channel explores fascinating stories of people, places and monuments of India in about 3-5 minutes.
Quirky, insightful, and deeply researched, these bite-sized stories are a fun way to connect the dots; an attempt to make sense of the sights around us through short videos.